Here you can download pdf versions of recent lecture notes, and other course
- Course syllabus.
- Notes on thermodynamics, from J.C.
Slater, Introduction to Chemical Physics, chapters 1-3.
- Entropy and the Boltzmann distribution.
- Homework #1, due in class, Feb. 4: Problems 1.15, 5.1, 5.6 and 6.2.
- Build-up procedure for partition
functions, by Herschbach, Johnston and Rapp.
- Homework #2, due in class, Feb. 11: Problems 10.7, 10.18, 11.6 and
- Getting free energies from
- Proton binding to proteins: pKa calculations
with explicit and implicit solvent models, by Simonson, Carlsson and
- Notes on molecular dynamics and force fields..
- Homework #3, due in class on
(Click "next" to see lecture notes from previous semesters)
Updated on February 18, 2019. Comments to firstname.lastname@example.org